I hope to have more time to explore San Francisco the next time we visit. We intend to stay in a hotel in the city on our next visit. Hopefully we will have a chance in a year or so. We will see. We have many trips in the upcoming year and another roadtrip/camping trip planned for the week prior to and including Labor Day 2012 (another first-time travel experience for me!).
I learned a few things about the Bay Area and about San Francisco on our trip:
- The drive to anywhere in the Bay Area takes at least 40 minutes to an hour.
- More time is often spent driving than at the planned destination.
- Parking is impossible in the city. Next time: Walking and cabs! Or the BART.
- San Francisco is amazing and I would move to the city in a heartbeat.
- It gets dark much, much sooner in California than in Texas.
- The weather is five to ten degrees cooler in the Bay Area than in Austin.
- People in San Francisco are beautiful and diverse and interesting.