02 January 2011

New Year's Survey

My friend Adam posted a new year's survey on his blog.  I am going to post and answer (below) some of the questions from the survey.  Ready?

What did you do for the first time in 2010?
I lived outside of the Midwest for the first time.

What would you like to do differently in 2011 than you did in 2010?
Many things.

What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
  • February 26:  My last day on a job I held for 7 years.
  • February 27:  Our final day in MO and the day our drive to TX began.
  • March 1:  Our first day living in TX.
  • June 21:  Our first anniversary of dating.
  • November 20:  My 35th birthday.
  • December 30:  My first time ever in San Francisco!
Where did most of your money go?
With being unemployed, I have had very little money to use.  So...  Food, soda, cellphone bill, and credit card bill. My guy has been a total sweetheart about paying the rent and all other things right now.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our trip to San Francisco at the end of 2010.

What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish we'd had more "adventures" together in 2010.  Hopeful for this in 2011.
I also wish I had stayed in better touch with friends in MO, in spite of my reasons for why I did not.

What do you wish you’d done less of?Being alone.

What was (were) your favorite TV program(s)?
  • Bones
  • NCIS
  • Numb3rs
What did you want and get?
I wanted my grandma to recover from the cancer she was diagnosed with in 2010 and she did.  *smile*

What did you want and not get?
I wanted to get a good job.  I wanted us to enjoy our new city.  I wanted us to make friends in our new city together.

What was your favorite film of this year?
I will have to think on this.  I have seen some decent films this year, but I'm not sure if I have a favorite.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went for a lovely walk with my guy and our pup in a local park. Then I went to a movie (Four Lions) with my guy. Then our first fire in our fireplace and watching Numb3rs on television while cuddling. It was a perfect birthday.  I turned 35.

Who did you miss?
My friends in MO.  A lot.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
"You don't know what you got til it's gone." (Joni Mitchell)  Definitely a line that went through my mind many times in 2010.

No comments: